Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Xmas gift

Here's what I created for my girlfriend for xmas-
She's obviously a huge David Bowie fan.  It's on a 36"x48" canvas.  I used oil, acrylic, and spray paint to make it.  I had never done any type of street-art-style work before so this was fun to figure out.  The concept of the piece is reflective on when we lose ourselves inside a projection/character that we want the world to see us as.  As an artist, I myself fell into this as I have been focused on portrait art for a few years now.  It was fun to draw back upon my overly creative days in order to make something like this.  To me, we should never forget our phases in life over the years.  It is what has built us into who we currently are, whatever that may be.  

Sincerely,

Brian Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment